Huscarls (aka Normans) appear to be a stronger version of the common Viking Infantry with improved shields, more health and throwing axes. They have an axe which can be thrown for once, after that, they will use sword like a Infantry. They usually appear in groups of 3 or 5, occasionally as single units or in groups of 8.
Basic counter : Infantry .
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- A stronger version of the Viking Infantry.
- One-time use ranged attack (Throwing Axes).
- Can pick off some Pikes if they're the only defense
Weaknessess[edit | edit source]
- Can't block ranged attacks when engaged in melee combat.
- Often in low numbers.
- Are vulnerable to archers when throwing their axes.
- Can be pushed off of the ship.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
They act pretty similar to Infantry but with a disposable throwing axe. One could bait their axe with Infantry then retreat behind Pikes. Infantry with a supportive Archer squad behind them is also very effective. Overall , Huscarls are quite simple to deal with, one should feel comfortable going against these shiny hats.
Link[edit | edit source]